Today’s pose: Dandasana (staff pose)
- Begin in a seated position. Extend both legs out straight from the hip bones.
- Flex the feet and keep the legs activated.
- Sit tall, reaching the vertebrae up from the tailbone, up the spine, all the way to the crown of the head. Relax the shoulders.
- Align the ears on top of the shoulders.
- Place the hands on the outside of the hips or bring them to prayer position in front of the heart.
- Remain here as long as you like breathing deeply 5-10 breaths.
–modify by using a yoga block or rolled up towel under the seat.
We use dandasana as a prep pose, transition, or to check alignment. It helps to improve posture, while strengthening muscles in the back, legs, and core.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! 🕉
Leave a Reply