I saw this cycling around Facebook a while ago and wanted to save and share it. Whenever we do have a girl, this will be helpful.
*Also, I do not know who originated this, but if you do, please let me know so I can credit them!
Rules For My Daughter:
1. Make your bed every day; even if it’s right before you get in it.
2. Find your tribe and love them hard. True friends are hard to find.
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
4. Put [VEGAN] butter on your biscuit, and twice as much when you miss me.
5. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
6. If you’re going to curse, be clever. If you’re going to curse in public, know your audience.
7. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
10. Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack your bag.
12. Never walk through an alley.
13. Be less sugar, more spice, and as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
14. Can’t is a cop-out.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. And HUG like you mean it, full arm, full circle, put some strength in it. No half arm, shoulder taps. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
17. Never lie to yourself.
18. Your body, your rules.
19. If you have an opinion, you better know why.
20. Practice your passions.
21. Ask for what you want. No is not the worst thing you’re ever going to hear
22. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them happen.
23. Don’t skimp on good sheets.
24. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
25. Fall hard and forever in love with yourself.
26. Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
27. Reserve I’m sorry for when you truly are.
28. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
29. Question everything except your own intuition.
30. You have enough. You are enough.
31. You are amazing! Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does….walk away.
32. No matter where you are, you can always come home.
33. Be happy, say your prayers always and remember your roots.
34. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
35: Love every furry creature and treat them kindly.
36: No one will ever love you more than I do.
Leave a Reply